Thursday, November 11, 2010

Modesty

Q. How can I be modest? Is modesty really important?

A. Most teenagers in the world don’t care how they dress themselves and don’t know what modesty is all about. Modesty is one of the most important things in my life.

1 Timothy 2:9-10 says, “Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.” People will see the real me, when I dress myself in clothes that cover me properly. We should clothe our insides with good works and a pure heart. We should dress modestly by properly clothing ourselves, causing others to look at Jesus in us, rather than seeing our clothes or parts of our bodies that shouldn’t be shown.

Romans 14:13 “…determine this– not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother’s way.”

I do not want men to fall into sin or to be tempted by my immodesty. I try to dress in a way that is pleasing to God, rather than men.


A good idea to help you dress modestly is to do a mirror check before you leave your room in the morning. When you are all dressed and ready to go, look in the mirror to see if you are covered properly. Make sure to check the front and back of you! Have your mother or father approve your clothing and how you dress. If they tell you that something isn’t proper, then you should listen and change into something else. If your parents do not have a concern for modesty, go to your grandmother or a pastor’s wife and ask her to teach you how to dress for God!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Annalise! :) I'm a young lady from Singapore (in Asia) ... and I'm so blessed by your thoughts on modesty. It is a real desire for me too to dress as Jesus wants me to. Thank you for sharing! :)

    Viola
    p.s. my blog is just a craft one and not about modesty ;)

    ReplyDelete